Thursday, August 2, 2012

Classroom Organization: Parent Mailboxes

I'm almost positive I'm not the only Early Childhood Teacher who struggles with getting notes and things out to parents. I've tried many different methods of mailboxes, and it seems what works with one set of parents inevitably never works with the next set (sort of like classroom management with the kids!). My current set up does not have much space by the Parent Communication Board or the Sign In/Out Clipboard, so I had to think outside of the box and this is what I came up with:



Yes, this is a $5 over-the-door shoe organizer from Walmart. We have a door inside our class that leads to the next door class right next to our Parent Board, so this was perfect! I used Command hooks to hang it low enough for parents to reach. The pockets are clear so I can see easily who has mail. Parents like they can quickly check it too. So far it's worked in our room.

What are your clever ideas for Parent Communication? How have you gotten your parents in the habit of checking their mail?

Until Next Time-

1 comment:

  1. I have been searching for the perfect mailbox for my classroom. Space and cost were key in my search. I love this idea, thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete